Do you always open the same programs after starting your computer, such as a web browser or an email program? If so, you might find it helpful to have them start up automatically when you start your operating system. All it takes is a few quick clicks, and you’re set to go.
If you’re running a Windows Operating System on your pc or laptop, to add programs to your startup, use the following steps:
- Open the Start Menu. Click “All Applications”. Find the Startup folder, right click, and click Open.
- Your folder will open, and now you may simply drag items from your Start menu into this folder.
- Now every time you login and start your computer, the items placed in the Startup folder will open automatically.
Are you running an Apple or Mac OS on your pc or laptop? To add programs to your startup, use these quick tips:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple Menu. Choose Accounts from the View Menu.
- Click the name of the user, and click the Startup Items or Login Items button.
- Click the Add [+] button. Items selected to add will now open automatically every time you login.
Adding programs to your startup can be a great beneficial time saver. They will automatically open when you open up your computer, without you having to wait the extra minutes for these programs to open and load. Continue to follow our blog here at MTI for more useful tips and tricks to make your life in the world of computer tech that much easier!